Additional Info for Heart Patients & Their Families
- American Heart Association American Heart Association is to build healthier lives, free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke through research and advocacy.
- Cardiovascular Research Foundation CRF’s mission is to improve the survival and quality of life for people with cardiovascular disease through research and education.
- Children's Heart Foundation Children’s Heart Foundation funds the most promising research to advance the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of congenital heart defects among children.
- Donate Life Donate Life motivates the American public to register now as organ, eye and tissue donors. Learn how you can be an organ donor in your state.
- Events of the Heart Events of the Heart uses the creative arts to educate and bring awareness to women on heart health issues.
- Go Red For Women Go Red For Women brings awareness to the issue of women and heart disease. They provide women with the tools to lead a heart healthy life.
- Larry King Cardiac Foundation Larry King Cardiac Foundation provides funding for life-saving treatment for individuals who, due to limited means or no insurance, would otherwise be unable to receive the treatment and care they so desperately need.
- Mended Hearts Mended Hearts’ mission is to “inspire hope in heart disease patients and their families.” They offer services to heart patients through visiting programs, support group meetings and educational forums.
- Mended Little Hearts Mended Little Hearts is a support program for parents of children with heart defects and heart disease.
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute NHLBI provides global leadership for a research, training, and education program to promote the prevention and treatment of heart, lung, and blood diseases.
- Ronny Turiaf Heart to Heart Foundation Ronny Turiaf Heart to Heart Foundation raises money to provide EKG’s, heart surgeries and defibrillators to children and schools in need.
- Sister to Sister Sister to Sister mission is to increase awareness among women that heart disease is our number-one killer; to offer women free cardiac screenings for early detection and treatment and to educate women that healthy lifestyle changes can reduce heart diseas
- Women's Heart WomenHearts’s mission is to improve the health and quality of life of women living with or at risk of heart disease.
- World Heart Federation World Heart Federation is committed to uniting its members and lead the global fight against heart disease and stroke.
- Joe's House Joe’s House website lists thousands of places to stay across the country near hospitals and treatments centers that offer a discount for traveling cancer patients and their loved ones. They have generously forwarded these discounts to Harboring Hearts’ be
- Miracle House Miracle House provides temporary housing, meals, and advocacy to caregivers and patients coming to New York City for critical medical treatment.
- Ronald McDonald House The mission of Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) is to create, find and support programs that directly improve the health and well being of children.
- Caring Bridge CaringBridge provides free websites that connect people experiencing a significant health challenge to family and friends, making each health journey easier.
- National Transplant Assistance Fund NTAF helps families address financial hardships arising from uninsured medical expenses related to transplantation (solid organ, bone marrow, stem cell or tissue) and catastrophic injury (spinal cord, traumatic brain).
- NeedyMeds NeedyMeds is an online information resource of programs that provide assistance to people who need help with the cost of medicine.
- Patient Air Lift Services PALS arranges free air transportation for patients in need of life-saving medical care or treatment.
Note: Links do not constitute an endorsement of any organization by Harboring Hearts and none should be inferred. Harboring Hearts is not responsible for the content of the individual organization Web pages found at this link.